Too often in the field of international development technology tools are created, or tech-enabled projects are designed, without sufficient input from the stakeholders whose engagement and ownership are critical to long-term success. Principle #1: Design with the User provides recommendations to avoid this common pitfall.
Read more community insights >
- Develop context appropriate solutions informed by user needs.
- Include all user groups in planning, development, implementation and assessment.
- Develop projects in an incremental and iterative manner.
- Design solutions that learn from and enhance existing workflows and plan for organizational adaptation.
- Ensure solutions are sensitive to, and useful for, the most marginalized populations: women, children, those with disabilities, and those affected by conflict and disaster.
- Design with the User Toolkits
- Design with the User Case Studies
- Principle #1 – Design with the ...
- Problems vs. ideas: why GSMA mAgri is...
- IDEO launches Design Kit