Call for Partnerships: Tanzania Youth Digital Summit (TYDS) 2020
Theme: ‘The Digital Shift’
Digital Opportunity Trust (DOT) Tanzania is a youth-led movement of daring social innovators who have the tools, knowledge, and networks to create opportunities and transform their own communities.
The TYDS Concept
Tanzania Youth Digital Summit (TYDS) is an annual event organized by DOT Tanzania in partnership with the ICT Commission, to support digital skills development among Tanzanian youth, and inspire their innovation and active participation in the digital economy.
DOT Tanzania and the ICT Commission pioneered the concept of digital jobs at the Tanzania Youth Digital Summit (TYDS) in (2019) – convening over 500 youth in universities, exposing them to opportunities for jobs and income-generation in the digital economy, in order to become business and job creators that leverage digital solutions to access growth sectors and value chains.
This year’s theme is aptly coined as the ‘Digital Shift’, with a very strong message that the future is digital, and the youth in Tanzania need to be empowered with digital skills, receive coaching and mentorship, in order to fully create their own opportunities for sustainable livelihoods and have an impact in their communities.
TYDS 2020 will be a three-day event held consecutively, from the 5th – 7th August 2020. Participating youth, partners, and ecosystem stakeholders will be fully engaged in the exploration of critical issues around digital innovation, building supportive and sustainable ecosystems, research, and data. The event targets the active participation of youth with the age of 19 to 35 and with particular emphasis on 70% young women, who are either in/out of school, un-/underemployed, and/or have startups.
- Empower 1,000 Tanzanian youth with practical skills, opportunities, and relevant networks that will guide them to capitalize on the digital economy.
- Convening of partners to engage with youth, and collaborate to explore future digital opportunities.
- Presentation of research on ICT & Innovation for youth.
- Opening Virtual clubs to empower ambitious participants who want to take advantage of the digital economy.
- Influence the National ICT Skills development framework.
- Spark increased involvement and participation of policy and regulatory organs in addressing digital skills and innovation challenges for youth towards the digital economy
- Build stronger ecosystems that support youth digital initiatives.
Number of Sessions: 15
Venue: Virtual spaces (official tools will be communicated).
Expected Attendants: 1,000 young people from across Tanzania.